Golden Nuggets


One famed quote of life is “Live and Learn” and who can argue with that .As year pass, we are able to witness and participate in a host of new experience. Each year brings us new experience and a greater acknowledgment of the various truth of life. There comes a time, when one realizes that one's accomplishments and distinctive journey through life have been made richer by the existence of those(either direct or by some other source) who have touched one's mind, body, or spirit. It normally becomes extra important for those people who are suffering from “I can do it on my own” syndrome and normally find it more difficult to deal with their life’s problems because they don’t believe in sharing it with anyone. Although in real, no one truly solves your problems, they don’t even bother about it much and I think why should they?? After all they have their own songs to resonate…. Phir bhi Yaar! At least that talking therapy gives you some temporally relief. But look! Just stop here as for this also, you need someone’s ears and finding that “SOMEONE” is all over again  a throbbing search .So finally option closed for some of us. L 
Then what next?? What do you think?? Okay don’t think much…just nourish your brain for some other productive tasks.
I will suggest by using mine although I don’t have much of it …what my cerebrum says is that some of us found ourselves left with nothing but few spiritual books, quotes of some enlightened souls and self help forums on Google Uncle where background score usually prepared by Jagjit Singh/or some other singers. But for some lunatic like me, the story simply doesn’t end here, because who the hell will take guidance of western experts??How could we leave them without storming their brain and knowledge? Of course I do..!! Although it seems very eccentric, but who cares? Till the day, they are entertaining me. Thanks to western upbringing and their education system..! Where they aren’t conscious about status like Indians and taught to share their knowledge with everyone, whosoever ask for it..!!
Leave it..!! So where was I?? Okay I got it!!  Was talking about some activities which could help us during our thin so that we can look for solutions to our life’s problems? So here this time, I am going to dedicate this lens truly to some of those gifted and gracious people and to their teachings, who have left an incredible and indelible impression upon me for which I shall be eternally grateful. To those who brought me into being, to those who have inspired me with their thoughts along my path, and to those who have befriended and taught me valuable lessons about what truly matters. May be their pearls of wisdom expressed in simple words leave a deep impact on you too..!!  And guide you as a person on the art of living that you should follow and make up your life.

So fasten your belt and enjoy the ride….

I first start with Bhagavad Geeta as it is an infallible guide and a sacred resource that will contribute to our individual and collective peace and blessedness. It will be necessary for us to reflect and mediate on its meaning. It became my dictionary of daily reference. But I will state only those teachings which had guided me though my life’s journey.


No one who does good work will ever come to a bad end, either here or in the world to come.                                                                                                            
Whatever happened, happened for good.
Whatever is happening, is happening for good.
Whatever will happen, that will be for good as well.

A man should reshape himself through the power of his will. He should never let himself be degraded by his lower self will: the (positive) will is the only friend of the self, and the (negative) will is the only enemy of reaching the self.

(These particular teaching has to be inculcated in our subconscious in spite of all our fears for future) So from my side this holy book has guided me in this fashion but then what next ?? or this is all...Nah..!! Not at all. I don't believe in wasting time of others. 
Have little bit of patience :-) Here it's an opportunity for all of us to learn something from every single gesture of these great people.Without taking much of your time,I would like to introduced my next shining star but it will be your responsibility to make it out.who is s/he??

If you have ever desired for doing something for the mankind then I think your thoughts will be incomplete without her .The world altruism is synonym to her. The motive why I admire her a lot is simple as I also want to make a difference in people’s lives just like she did. So have you got any idea till this?? If not than I bet this will work. Pope John Paul II once said “She marked the history of our century with courage.  She served all human beings by promoting their dignity and respect, and made those who had been defeated by life, feel the tenderness of God.”Now any guesses?? Yes, Yes..! You guessed it right…Who else can take her place??
Obviously she is none other but our Mother Teresa. Her name is self explanatory hence no more introduction for her from my side and for the second time I am resisting myself to her wisdom only. Mentioning one of her best sayings out of many, which had bolstered my unconditional love and care for people despite their betrayals and mistreatments:-

People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. 
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do well anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.


(I hope these above mentioned lines will help us to cover up this long journey which exist between  human beings and to being human.)

Now it's turn  for someone else who is waiting for you with his enlightenment from so long. Just make out who is he??
For over twelve years from 1890-1902, amidst much hardship, suffering and personal humiliation, He toured all over India and to several places abroad as wandering monk and his name is associated with spirituality, modernity and humanity. A torch bearer who had came into my life when I needed the God most and helped me to come over my childish fear and temporary attachments. He had given many martyrs like Bhagat Singh to our motherland. I will not feel ashamed to accept this fact that it’s is actually better that he was there in the era of 19th century otherwise the one who had spent his whole life while awakening India’s youth would have committed suicide after considering today’s youths. Anyway leave it, here we are not suppose to discuss all these never ended discussion, so without holding much of your time, I will strait away land up on his thoughts because I believe that his  teachings are relevant for centuries to come because it was Swami Vivekananda who had cited some of the right causes of our downfall.

Blessed are those whose bodies get destroyed in the service of others. They alone live who live for others; the rest are more dead than alive.

Neither money pays, nor name, nor fame, nor learning; it is CHARACTER that can cleave through adamantine walls of difficulties.

It is only a few that understand the language of the brain, but everyone understands the language that comes from the heart.

The old religions said that he was an atheist who did not believe in God. The new religion says that he is an atheist who does not believe in himself.

Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, and live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.

Arise, Awake and Stop not till the goal is reached..!!

(I think these are sufficient for giving you that one kick which we all need sometimes to march ahead in our life.)

Knock! Knock! Who is there in the queue?? Oh gosh! Just give her way to come forward otherwise you would lose the opportunity to have rendezvous with her. Blessed are those who have ever got a chance to meet her. So any speculation?? Who is going to give you courage to do something exceptional in your life in spite of all stereotypes made for us?

The saga of India’s first and the highest ranked woman officer in the Indian Police Service-who pioneered to humane method of Policing-marked by will power, devotion to duty, innovation, compassion and above all a never say die attitude. She had done miracles by being into the system not by merely criticizing it from outside. She is a field person, who think on her feet, but uses her heart sympathetically and her head judiciously. I think we all know how much it is difficult for person and then too for a woman to achieve something good in our Indian society where most of us are looked down upon as a liability whose husband has to be find out. It rather becomes more difficult for us if we choose the path of honesty and truthfulness. Because a country where honesty is only verbally practiced, implementing it will give you nothing but a delayed success and unwelcomed hardships which we mango people can’t afford for too long.  We can easily imagine the struggles of this only lady who had joined the service in an era of less empowered media and citizen awareness. I will not only quote her thoughts but few lines from her biography too. As Swami ji himself taught us “let noble thoughts come to us from every side.”Now check it out what she has for you through my glasses.

Life continues to surge ahead.

Nothing is permanent. All you have is the present. The past is gone; the future is yet to come. You have to do the maximum here and now.

World has no time for losers.

Nothing came easily and every move had to be planned and worked for.

There are no holidays in self.

Some recreations have to be assiduously avoided during the period of struggle and foundation laying. As these will come in their own time.

Whatever are the temptations, or compulsions, let there be no clause for ‘ifs’ or ‘buts’ in principled living.

Life is an inclination, either it will go up or simply down.

Change is the law, growth is optional: choose wisely.

I am a master of my time, with options to be with myself or change gears to be with others. As of now I have chosen to embark upon another journey at my own speed, in which I am seeking more growth- in order to make a difference , in causes small or big.

I was determined that one I would do what was not expected from Indian women.

Her uncle would often make her wait for hours outside his office when she went collect her railway concession forms, but she was thankful that he had been considerate enough to have at least a washed out wooden bench there. It was endless waiting that made her promise herself if ever were in a position to give some something ,she would never ever make that person wait and her biography proves that she never did this..Trust me..!!  -From her autobiography

I’ve specially mentioned this last paragraph because she has relieved me and ratified my gestures as I never follow this well accepted practice of making people wait for hours just for the sake of proving our worth (neither in professional nor in personal front) despite that I felt it many times for me. Why do people do this?? I am not getting into my mind, but my psychology teacher used to say that there must be some anthropological reasons behind every single practice of us and moreover it is not our fault to be born as Indian and slaved by Britishers which had been inculcated this limitless desire for power in the subconscious of our ancestors. Leave this hefty discussion at this very moment and move ahead with me .Okay then who is there ?? Ahem ! Ahem! 

A a man of my dream although I know he will never marry me ;-( (Hey don’t ever doubt my potential actually now it’s too late for him ;-) jokes apart!! He is a man to be admired and worshipped and I wish him to be India’s PM. (Just practising fundamental right from article 19 of Indian constitution.)

He's humble and innocent. Says a little, but means every word. Gets his work done, without shouting and screaming. He himself joins the queue to enter the lift as there is no separate ‘reserved’ entrance for him because he doesn’t carry even a hint of pretension to indicate his position. You never find him fiddling with his cell phone and trying to sms, trying to respond e-mails and take the phone during the interviews. A bachelor and a very private man, who continues to live in a flat in Colaba, filled with books and dogs. Even his closest business aides know little about what he does in his free time. Those who know him well believe, he will indulge in all his pet interests, things he didn't have enough time for while helming the business. In our country where simple living is considered abnormal for the elite and breaking the law is deemed to be one’s right, especially for the rich and famous. In such a country industrialists like him are in a minority. Outstanding among them, Ratan Tata sets a refreshing and praiseworthy example. You can learn a lot from his biography. Do read it if ever get time..!

Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going, because a straight line even in an ECG means we are not alive.

I don’t believe in taking right decision,I take decision and then make them right.”

No one can destroy IRON; but its own rust can. Likewise no one can destroy us; but our own mindset can.

Take the stones people throw at you and use them to build a monument.

Don’t stop here simply and move little faster with me because there are two more stars left for you.

Dream, dream and dream. Then translate your dreams into thoughts and then into action is his favorite mantra. His life itself is an exemplar of this philosophy – rising from a fisherman's village to ending up in the presidential palace and along the way launching a bunch of missiles and winning a few 'Padma' (and Bharat Ratna) awards. Luckily I have had the privilege to meet this extraordinary man once in my life. He had come as the chief guest in our convocation where few students were allowed as I hailed from a university which alone produces more than 60000 professionals every year.(Thanks to the digits on my mark sheet that had helped me first and the very last time too to get something different from the crowd).Lets throw some light upon his ideas for  mankind.

Don't take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck. 

This is my belief: that through difficulties and problems God gives us the opportunity to grow. So when your hopes and dreams and goals are dashed, search among the wreckage, you may find a golden opportunity hidden in the ruins.

Suffering is the essence of success!!!

I think now only one more is there in the queue. He is completely unrelated with all above mentioned gems but I found him always there behind me as an expression for my unsaid emotion.

He was great artist who had given so much to us in his lifetime despite of facing some extremely tough personal tragedies. The artist, who was a constant companion of countless people in both their happy and sad times, comforting them with his soulful, heart-touching ghazals. The man, who lived like an invisible dear friend of millions of people in Love, all over the globe, from every age group starting from the adolescent years to the last. Not mentioning Jagjit Singh’s role into my life will be injustice to this great soul. I used to be astonished how he knows about me so well?? A man who is still be the first to empathize with my world.One of my favorite statements from his interview.

Every morning is a new beginning, every album is a new album, every concert is a new test… to live in your past is a dangerous thing… whatever you’ve done, you can do something better, let’s try for that.


That's about it for now but this story simply doesn't end here as this voyage towards self actualization is still on…After all, life is a journey (from womb to tomb) not a destination!!

Thanks for the patience and time.
Happy reading..!! :-) 





PS: The above quotations have been compiled with the help of some websites and Autobiographies.









Comments

Popular Posts